Photobucket

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

TUESDAY trumpery

1. We had to go ahead and pick out our faucets for our bath tubs so that the plumber would know what to prep for. We had previously decided to go with all oil rubbed bronze.. fixtures, faucets, door knobs, etc. But little did we know how big of a pain it would be to find exactly what we wanted in a shower head in oil rubbed bronze. I mean.. I thought O.R.B. was the popular thing these days? Maybe I'm wrong.. because Home Depot & Lowe's choices for shower heads say differently. The ratio of nickel to bronze is about 98 to 2. No really. Bronze shower heads are apparently a rarity.. maybe thats why they cost so much. Not because they ARE in fact oil rubbed bronze.. but because they are in short supply. WHO KNOWS! So after much searching, repeated trips to the same stores, and a few hundred dollars later... we now have the shower head we wanted... and in the correct finish. :)

2. If you haven't heard the new song "Hell on Heels" by the Pistol Annies. Then you definitely need to check it out. This band is made up of 3 women country singers... and one of those singers is Miranda Lambert.. whom I absolutely love. So definitely check it out and let me know what ya think!




3. I found this picture today on Amber's facebook of us, Chris, and their new son Dylan at our house site. I had completely forgotten that she had taken this picture. How funny though. Little Dylan is checking things out with daddy. Whats also funny is I remember that day feeling a little on the fat side.. but now that I see this picture.. I think I looked rather slim. Ironic how we see/feel about ourselves versus how we actually look.


1 comment: