Photobucket

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September makes me smile

According to Sheryl Crow, "a change will do you good." And for the most part, I agree with her. Not ALL change is good, but I think in the grand scheme of things that change is definitely necessary. One thing that I get excited about every year {for as many years as I can remember} is when the air starts to become cooler. First just in the mornings and then cooler days all together. I absolutely love it. It's my most favorite time of year. Oh Fall... I confess my love.

Now I realize that it isn't really fall, yet. But its coming. In fact we only have about 3 weeks until its official start. This year it falls {no pun intended} on Friday, September 23rd. The countdown has begun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that with the official arrival of this new season brings with it beautiful sunsets and 70 degree weather.

 

Hands down September has the best sunsets, by far. I think God chose September to display these beautiful reflections of the sun, because he knew the weather would be more tolerable for us to sit outside and actually enjoy them. I can't speak for everyone, but each time I see beautiful sights such as above, I can't help but smile. It's like God is reminding us that there is still beauty in this world. We just have to take the time to stop and notice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment