Photobucket

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Running on Sunshine

"One pair of shoes can change your life." -Cinderella

After running this past Thursday & Friday and having 3.. yes 3 blisters on my left foot.. I felt like it was time for new tennis shoes. I limped all day at work on Friday and decided that I would DEFINITELY buy new tennis shoes this weekend.

I already had a pair of shoes in mind that I wanted to buy.. but wanted to give some of the other brands and styles a chance, just to make sure that I got what I thought was best for me. After dragging Hank to 4 or 5 shoe stores and trying on several countless shoes, I finally went with my original plan and bought the Adidas Marathon 10s.
These are them! Obviously, hahah. They are modeled after the "marathon 80s" which were released in 1980 as a marathon shoe. So I'm pretty pumped. I wore them this morning.. and was able to do 9 miles. Nine miles was our original goal for the day,.. and my marathon 10s did NOT let me down. It was my first time to go this distance.. and couldn't of been happier with the result. Its nice to get finished with a run.. and be like "yep,.. I JUST RAN 9 MILES" hahahah! I finished in 1 hr and 50 min flat. Not bad for a first time. And I feel like the more and more I run, the faster I will be able to run the distance.

It also makes me feel better to know that I can handle 9 miles.. with only 4.1 miles to add to match the distance of a half marathon. I have about 4 and a half months left to accomplish those extra 4 miles. And with every mile added it seems more & more obtainable.

My running partner, Ginny, and I can do it. And we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment