Photobucket

Saturday, July 30, 2011

brick house :)

As most of you know, we finally started on our house this week. Which means that I had to go ahead and make a few decisions on things for the house.. so that the items could be ordered. One of the things I had to decide on this week was brick. A neighbor close to where our house is being built has a brick that Hank & I both like... a lot! Since it was a brick that we BOTH agreed on... we had pretty much decided for sure.. that it would be the brick that we would use also. After making a trip to Boral Bricks in Laurel & a phone call to Columbia Block & Brick... I felt like I needed to use a different brick than the "Weracoba 2" that we had originally decided on. Apparently the Weracoba 2 is a little overrated. Now... at least I know that it is a pretty brick.. because tons and tons of people have used this color brick since the 80's.

Anyways. Hank & I went to Columbia Block & Brick today just to look around. We had previously found a house in Kingsmill Subdivision in Oak Grove... that we both liked the brick on. After just 5 minutes in their store... we pretty much knew it was the brick for us. We both liked it tons, the price wasn't too high, and it hasn't been around as long as the Weracoba brick.. which means it isn't as repeated. CB&B gave us directions to a house near their store that also had the brick... and we immediately fell in love. I'm so excited,... and I can't wait to see it on OUR house! I just wanted to share it with you guys! :)

Check out Bayou Blend!!:

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to decide what brick to use on my house. Would you mind posting pics of how your house turned out with the bayou blend. It is a red, brown, orange, or burgandy tone overall? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete