Photobucket

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Britney - Femme Fatale!

Last night my two sisters and I went to see Britney Spears & Nicki Minaj in New Orleans at the New Orleans Arena! We didn't arrive at the arena until about 25 minutes before the show started, so I was a little worried about parking! Thank goodness it wasn't a problem like I thought it was going to be! We lucked up and parked in a garage right across from the gate to the arena! When the attendant scanned our tickets.. she informed us to go through the "glassed in area" to our right! Yep thats right... we were in the "club level seating" which was kind of like VIP, I guess. Feeling quite snazzy,.. we entered through the glass tunnel, a small escalator delivered us to a large dimly lit luxurious room full of leather couches & fabulous decor. PIMP.

As we made our way to our seats, I realized we were about 25 feet away from the side/front of the stage! EVEN BETTER! Now I will say.. that I did pay a lot of money for this ticket,.. but with the highest tickets being around a $1000 a piece, I guess I didn't think my $155 ticket would place me in any close proximity to the pop princess. I am please to say, that I was wrong!

Wow is all I can say! The show started at 7:30 with Jessie & The Toyboys which is a group consisting of a girl singer & two male dancers. I've never heard of them before, but they were quite interesting. She had several catchy songs and they were entertaining to watch.

Nicki Minaj performed around 8:15 or so! And was awesome! Now,.. since she was not the MAIN act she didn't do THAT long of a set,.. but I enjoyed every minute of it! She threw in "Bottoms Up' & Ludacris's "My Chick Bad," which made the crowd go wild! Nicki performed for probably 35 minutes and had 3 or 4 outfit changes... I didn't get many pictures of her different outfits,.. so you'll just have to take my word that they were definitely interesting! :) I mean,.. its Nicki Minaj.. of COURSE her outfits are interesting!

After Nicki finished,.. we had to wait 45 minutes for Britney to start. Luckily the 45 minutes didn't seem that long.. and Britney was out on stage before we knew it! 



Britney performed from 9:15 to about 10:55. It was AWESOME! She did an amazing job! The stage was huge,.. the sets & costumes were phenomenal.. and she gave it everything she had! She did do some of her older songs like "Baby, One More Time," "Toxic," "I'm a Slave for You," and several others. A few of her songs they changed up the music a little & the choreography was different from her videos.. which I really liked a lot! Glad to know she doesn't do the SAME dances after all of these years!
I'm just going to throw in a few more pictures from the show! I wish had more pictures of the ENTIRE stage & set but... oh well! :) ohhhh AND she flew over the crowd two different times which I thought was pretty cool!








No comments:

Post a Comment