Photobucket

Sunday, August 28, 2011

living in the fast lane

Boy does time fly.

It's funny how when you are 10 you can't wait to be 13 {ohhhh I can't wait to be a teenager} When you are 13, you can't wait to be 16 {ohhh, if only I could drive}... and so on.  But once you hit 21... its like okay.. this is good... no more wishing away the years. It's hard to believe I am already 26. Yep. 26. Turning 24 didn't bother me.. nor did 25.. being a "quarter century old" was actually kinda cool. Twenty six,.. not so much fun. Its over the 25 hill.. and barreling fast towards 30.

 Where has all of this time gone? Just yesterday (seems like) I was going to Jones and getting ready to apply to x-ray school. Working at Ellisville State School & the movies in Laurel at the same time.. and just wishing to be all done with school and out in the real world. Don't get me wrong. I love the real world. It has been good to me. These past few years have just came & gone.

I graduated high school... 8 years ago. - WOW!!! Its quite hard to believe.
    • Hank and I have been together for 9 years. - doesn't seem like that long ago.. that he was picking me up for our first date.
    • Married for 5 1/2 years - best day of my life.. seems like it was only yesterday
    • I graduated x-ray school 5 years ago! - okay.... school isn't something I miss.. just doesn't seem like I've been FULL time for that long!
    • Worked for SCRMC for 5 years!
    • My sweet puppy Cash will be 4 years old this Nov.. and it seems like it was only last year that he joined our little family.
    •  My little sister Karly will be 15 in October. FIFTEEN! She will be driving before we know it.. quite awkward. It's hard to believe she will be that old. :(
    • We sold our house in February... which was 6 months ago. It was a big life change for us.. and it really does seem like it was only last week we were moving all of our belongings out of our first home.
    • April.. 3 years ago I became a lifetime member at weight watchers. And have kept my weight off since. It's hard to believe that for the past 3 years I have lived a healthy lifestyle.. compared to my habits prior to that.
    I could write about this forever. But it really is amazing how time flies. We have less than 4 months until Christmas... and not too long ago we were "ringing in" the new year. I realize every day is a blessing.. and I am thankful for every single one of them. But I wouldn't mind it a bit.. if things did slow down just a little. Hank will be 30 this December. Yep, 30. Hard to believe. In the meantime.. I will continue to enjoy each and everyday with my husband, family and friends. And be thankful for each of those days given to me. Life is fast... but good.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment