Photobucket

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

there's always a silver lining

Gray hair. Yep. Thats what I am seeing more and more of these days. I am barely 26 years old and my "crown" is adorned with silver strands of silver reflection. I think I'd rather save the silver shiny parts for earrings and necklaces.

I've always liked to color my hair. Brown, black, red, blonde, purple chunks, whatever. But I've always colored it because I WANTED to not because I NEEDED to. I understand that gray hair is passed down through genetics, but wow -- I'll be completely gray by 40 at the rate that I am going. 

I guess its not really a big deal to me though (I don't guess).. like I said -- I usually color my hair anyways. But it's still aggravating to pull my hair back into a pony tail and see tons of 2 inch strands of silver. I also do not understand why... once you start "losing pigment in your hair" that you don't completely lose pigment all together. I'm not saying that I want to be completely gray, but on me.. salt and pepper just isn't that cute.

A few of my friends.. and I mean a short few... who are around my age have also started noticing a few gray themselves. To me, just having dark hair makes the contrast of gray to dark brown more noticeable But at least I have a support group. (I won't call names, haha)

So for all you pre-mature grays out there, just know that you are not alone. Not even close. Thank goodness for Clairol... can I get an amen? Actually my hair stylist, Kim Davis at KMACS who does a fantastic job, says that coloring over gray makes the hair have subtle lowlights for a beautiful finish! Gray may not be so bad after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment