Photobucket

Friday, May 13, 2011

Canton,.. I LOVE YOU!

So! Yesterday morning I woke up at 4:15 to get ready to meet Adriane, her mother & her mother-in-law at the Helton residence to leave for Canton at 5.

We stopped to eat and one potty break, so we made it to the flea market around 7:30. There were already tons of people there! and i mean tons! several had already made large purchases and were carrying them back to the car! i couldn't wait! as we walked closer and closer to the "square" i began checking out all of the items people were carrying past us! 

Ten minutes after being in the square.. I made my first purchase. A bottle tree chandelier! I LOVE IT! As soon as I saw it I was like "ohhhh yes".. I think i may have ran a little towards it! hahaa. They are so beautiful! I've been wanting a regular bottle tree... but this was so different. I've never seen one before.. and I just knew I'd rather have it than the regular tree! So. I picked one out.. and 3 cute and colorful bottles to start my chandelier collection! - Purchase one,.. DONE!

I only made on other large purchase,.. but I am equally excited about it as the chandelier. Its a wooden yard sign that has "The Shaw's Est. 2006" on it. I HEART it so much. I've been wanting something like this.. and now I have it! The sign is painted a beautiful blue color (my favoritest) with black writing with a gold overlay! PRESHHHH! - Purchase two... FABULOUS!

I bought a few more things, but nothing else large. Initial sterling silver earrings, chunky gray bead necklace, a dainty flower bracelet, Hank two old bottles (he loves bottles too), a bright flowery "welcome" flag for my flag stand, and.. I think that may be it. So I didn't break the bank, I know Hank sure was pleased, but still got a hand full of things that I am proud to have.

I really wish they would hold the Canton Flea Market on a Saturday. It would be much easier for everyone to get to,.. without most people having to take off of work. They hold this flea market every second Thursday in May & October. I can not WAIT to go back! Most of the items are handmade and its so neat to see everyone's handy work! people are so talented! -- now some things i can make myself,.. but several booths had beautiful art and crafts that I don't think I'd ever be able to tackle! 

We ended up being there from 7:30 to 1:30 and walked for 90% percent of our time there! It was so worth it though! The weather was very nice until about 12.. but even when it warmed up, it wasn't unbearable. I believe that we did get to see almost EVERY booth there.. which is saying a lot! We all had a great time.. and I can't wait until I can go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment