Photobucket

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

fancy feet

Forgive me, for this one may be a bit scattered.

Tonight Ginny and I treated ourselves to pedicures. I haven't had a pedicure since October of 2010 when Kelli & Trey got married. So.. its been.. over 7 months. I can't tell you how many miles my feet have covered in the last 7 months and I just felt like it was time to "treat" them. They say that wearing tennis shoes (which I wear all day at work, and then to work out) are the best things to wear for your feet. They aren't rough on your feet.. like heels are. But even wearing tennis shoes all the time.. my feetsies still needed a little attention. And I enjoyed every minute of it. Yes it is still weird to have a strange Vietnamese man rub my feet and legs with lotion, scrub my feet, and paint my toenails.. but for $28 and an hour of pampering... I can deal with the awkwardness.

Next weekend I will be attending Chad Knight & Terri Boteler's wedding. I've chosen a baby pink dress with flowers along the chest and straps. It may not sound that cute in black (green) and white.. but in person its gorgeous. I absolutely love it. (I looked all over belk.com to find a picture of it,.. and of course there was none to be found.) So.. I chose a reddish/coral color to stand out a bit from the pale color and it looks great with my champagne colored heels. Hopefully between then and now.. I won't ruin my polish by putting in some miles and letting my tennies rub it off.

Some women say while having their mammogram "ohhhh, I could NEEEVVERRR have your job." Which that doesn't offend me. That's okay. I guess that's why I am doing it and not them. And I feel the same way. There are certain jobs that I could NEEEEVVVERRR have. One being doing pedicures. Nope. Could not do it. I don't like feet... no matter who you are. I don't like 'em. I can't imagine doing what they do day in and day out. For 11 or 12 hours a day according to Ginny's "pedicurist." She said they work long hours and are only closed 3 days a year. YIKES. One more reason for me to stick with boobs. hahaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment