Photobucket

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Skinny chicken

I don't know much about chickens. As far as breeds and types go.. (if thats even such a thing) All I know is hen & rooster, and that chicken, white meat being my favorite, is delicious.

There is a doctor who works at the hospital with me, whom I see several times a week in Radiology who likes to call me "skinny chicken." I've known him for several years now and when I first started losing weight, that is the nickname that he gave me. Of course me being a girl.. took it as a compliment since the word "skinny" was involved.

Little did I know, he did not intend this nickname to flatter me. He actually even started calling me an "ethiopian chicken." Which can not be mistaken for words of praise. He also proceeded to tell me last week that "if he was my age, he would've never married me because I was too skinny." WOW -- thanks! That is just what a girl wants to hear! (even though Hank did marry me when I was almost at my heaviest weight.)

The point is... skinny chicken or not.. I am happier and healthier. It does not matter how others view me.. (too skinny or not skinny enough) I am happy with the way that I look. I can run 6 miles nonstop and fit into sizes that I have not seen since 7th grade. (no lie) I feel much better about myself and I don't get winded walking to my car everyday. (even though we do park about a mile away) So in the end, its what I think and feel about myself, not what others do. So I will go back to the days when "skinny chicken" were words of flattery and I just smiled and said thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment