Photobucket

Friday, April 29, 2011

not discrimination,... just public safety

For the safety of everyone.. I think once you reach a certain age you should have to re-take the driving test. Let's say 65 being that magic age. No ifs, ands, or buts - it should be mandatory.

In the last 3 days, I have almost been involved in 3 different accidents all including elderly people. The scariest being yesterday which would have been vehicle vs pedestrian.. and that pedestrian being me.

Leaving the post office.. I was walking through what seemed to this man, to be a parking spot.. now to those 64 and younger, we view this as a non-parking area, hence the blue diagonal lines. He wheels in this area on about 70 and almost hits something very precious to me... ME! I gave him my most "what the hell are you doing?" face but he seemed unaffected or unaware of the messages I was sending him telepathically. Its probably not that he didn't get what the look meant, its more like he probably couldn't see me through his jet black horse blinders.

The point of this PSA is to make others realize how dangerous these people are. Its quite scary to pull up beside a Lincoln Town Car at the red light and look over and see an 85 year old man staring off into space,... sometimes I wonder if they just get in the car and drive not knowing where they are going.

So next time you are walking in the crosswalk at Wal-Mart and see a Grand Marquis heading your way... you better move on along with your buggy.. She's probably doing about 70 and the chances of her seeing you are very unlikely. 

Happy Driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment