Photobucket

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

once bitten

No one wants to be bitten by anything. okay.. maybe some people out there would like to be bitten by a vampire... (kinda weird) but that doesn't count because vampires aren't real. dogs and snakes are real.. and they do bite... and both tried to bite me today. 

When Ginny and I run outside in the mornings we have to pass a house that has a PACK of dogs. Yes, a pack. Five to be exact, and I'd say that is a pack. Four of the five do not bother me. But that still leaves just that one. I'm not even sure what kind of dog it is. It's medium in size... and a chestnut brown color. He is a very pretty dog, but wow is he aggressive. The first few days we passed by his owners house.. of course the dogs barked at us... but didn't "attack" or even get out of their yard. Ohhhh. But yesterday and today were different stories. This hostile dog decided that he would brave up a bit and start coming towards us. He got so close this morning I could have reached down and petted him. He barks and snaps the whole time.. me just waiting for him to take a chunk out of my leg. We both pick up sticks when we are nearing this particular house.. and keep them with us until we pass the house again on our way back. But I am afraid if and when I strike this dog in fear of it making contact with my leg, that it will become more aggressive and attack me even further. :( I'm also afraid that if he does bite.. that the others will join in while he has me at a stand still. I believe I am going to invest in some mace.. so the next time he tries to "scare me off" he will be sent back crying with stinging eyes. I don't want to hurt a dog... (i love animals, and even have the car tag to prove it.. baahhahahha) but I sure will if it's got to be me.. or him.

So. THEN.. this afternoon I went over to our land to water our flowers that are about to kill over. It has been a little while since Hank has cut the grass.. so its starting to become a little "fuzzy" as I like to call it. There are a lot of small bushes everywhere... well more like small oak trees.. I guess that is what they are. Anyways. As I took two steps off of Ginny & Kevin's well groomed land onto our over-grown land.. I happened to look down to see my foot about a foot away from a black snake... with his mouth open. Now he wasn't trying to strike at me... but its still pretty scary. Especially because he could have easily "gotten" me. I hollered for Kevin to come and kill it... but it slithered away and hid before it could meet it's demise. Hopefully it slid on into the woods and didn't bother anyone else today. 

So that's a "near" two bites for me today. I'm hoping for those numbers to decrease for tomorrow. Actually I don't know which would be the worse of the two. I am sure the bite of a dog would be more damaging to me physically... but the snake bite would probably be worse on me mentally. :( Good thing it all worked out! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment