Photobucket

Saturday, June 25, 2011

back to blogging

Sooooo. It's been a while since my last blog. Hank has been working out of town for the past couple of weeks.. and for the last two weeks he has kidnapped our computer and taken it to Louisiana with him. I could blog on my phone... but wow what a pain that would be. So hopefully I can keep him from snagging our computer at least for this upcoming week and be able to write a few blogs!

The last few weeks have been crazy anyway. My older sister Kandi and her husband Matt have recently purchased a damaged house. And when I say damaged,.. I mean... the only thing that pretty much doesn't have to be replaced is the brick and the sinks. No really. The whole roof was blown off during a tornado that hit it about 3 months ago. There was hardly any of the roof left, so they were unable to even put a tarp on it to keep the rain from damaging the inside. Because of that,... every time it rains the inside of the house gets worse and worse. 

They were able to close on the house 2 weeks ago.. and I have almost spent every day of the last 2 weeks helping to tear out wooden floors, sheetrock, insulation,... you name it! So I guess I didn't really have that much time to blog anyways. 

This past Wednesday the roofers began building the roof back and getting felt and things like that put on so that they will be ready for the shingles to be installed. They have made a lot of progress in the last 3 days but there is still a lot of work to be done! 

I'm sure I will be at their house (only a mile away from my parents house) some this week helping but I promise to try to get a few blogs in. I've actually really missed it. :( 

On a side note... we still haven't had any progress with our easement to our house. We are hoping to have things settled this coming week and maybe "break ground" the following week. Everyone keep your fingers crossed though!

No comments:

Post a Comment