Photobucket

Friday, November 18, 2011

All I want for Christmas

Its that time again. That time where the question is asked, "What do you want for Christmas?" 

Throughout the year.. I am able to find numerous things that I would like to have.. ranging from clothes, jewelry, sunglasses, shoes, housewares, music, etc... but it seems like once November rolls around.. the "finding" stops. Not only the finding of things that I would want, but just the general knowledge of anything that I have recently said... "oh yesss,... I'd love one of those."
So last week while laying around the house.. Hank asked the inevitable.. "what do you want for Christmas?" As every year.. I quickly filtered through my brain trying to think of just ONE thing that I recently coveted... and came up with nothing. My only response I could muster, was the typical one for me.. "ummmm I'm not sure, let me think about it." UGH! Why can't my brain have even the slightest memory of ANY of the items I have thought about purchasing for my self.

Over the last week.. I have kept pondering the idea of what my list should entail. But honestly there still isn't anything that just prevails on my list. Nothing that makes me excited to think about having or using. Maybe with age, maturity, and lots of realizations about life... My true wants have changed. 

I honestly just want to spend time with Hank's and my family. I love family dinners... and yes the act of opening presents. I like to watch people as they open the gifts that I bought for them, with hope & excitement that they will truly like what I chose for them. I know, I know... you're thinking... "nah.. she likes presents too." And you are right. I do. But its not about that... I won't even try to pretend to lie.

I love gifts... and surprises just as much as the next gal... but I'm really excited about family time this Holiday season. None of us are getting any younger.. and none of us are promised our next breath. So I believe my most favorite gift this year... will be the gift of love, laughter & family time well spent. There isn't anything like family (the good & the bad, ha)... and I know that sometimes I take mine for granted. I hope that you will do the same... and take a few moments to cherish your time with your family.

But just incase Hank IS reading this and needs some gift ideas then.... AHHH nope, still nothing comes to mind. hahha!

No comments:

Post a Comment