Photobucket

Friday, February 10, 2012

The dreaded - swimsuit shopping

So... many of you may already know (if we are friends on facebook, anyway) that in 4 short months I will be going on a cruise with my two sweet sisters, and the one who gave us all three life, our mother. I've never been on a cruise before, and I must say that I am quite excited. There have been several different occasions that Hank & I have discussed going on a cruise, but it hasn't made it much farther than that. Googling cruise lines... carnival to be specific... and peaking around their website will only get you hounded by several phone calls & emails that are completely unwarranted.

ANYWAYS. June 16th through the 20th... I will be out and about cruising Mexico, if you need me.

Its starting to be the time of year where... almost EVERY store is putting their swimsuits out. Which of course makes me super eager to go ahead and buy the first cute one that I see. But I'm going to try to hold off. I did a little shopping on victoria's secret website today.. and after many ooohhsss and ahhhhs, I finally closed the page. Yes, there were tons of swimsuits that I would looooovvveeee to own but then the realization sets in that I won't look near as svelte, fabulous, hot, tan, amazing, as they do. Now I'm not saying.. that I'm not going to wear a swimsuit if I can't look like Gisele Bundchen, I will definitely be wearing a swimsuit.. or 5 on the cruise.. but some days you just can't help but think... why even bother. hahaha.

My body has changed a lot in the last 4 years.. all for the better thank goodness... but my abs are no where near as flat as any of our victoria's secret models. I do believe there is a ridiculously flat stomach under here somewhere... I just have to do about 8,573,418 gazillion more crunches. I wonder if 4 months is enough time to do that many? I guess I should at least try. Hopefully come June 16th.. I will wear my bikini ONTO the boat... and go ahead and get the party started!


That being said. I will post some of the swimsuits from Vicky's that I have my eye on. :)



2 comments: