Photobucket

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday, NEW day!

Well! So far so good. I realize that it hasn't even been 24 hours since my pledge of doing better. But 16 hours isn't bad. Ya gotta start somewhere, right? Right.
 
This morning... as stated before, I got up at 6am and ran 4 miles with Ginny. Now... I haven't ran in 2 weeks... (slaps hand) but my legs felt great, completely refreshed. It was a little dark when we started... but by mile 1, we had plenty of light to guide our way. So thats 4 miles. 
 
Its always tough for me to get up in the mornings to go to work, much less to run. I love me some sleep, that is for sure. But there's nothing like exercising/running in the morning... showering... and then starting the day. I actually think I am in a better mood and have a better day on the days that I get up early... as opposed to sleeping to the VERY last minute, and being rushed to get ready and be at work on time. So hopefully... I can continue with the morning runs.. and in return have better days.

So. There we have it.. I'm doing better at 2 of the 3 things that I said I would do better at. Now if I just keep myself away from any fun-yuns or rice crispy treats lurking around here.. then I will have completed day one successfully.

I think that once we "spring forward" it will be a lot easier for me to stay active. Something about my body, it interprets darkness as sleepy/lazy time. If I could just get a few more hours of sunshine then I'll be good to go. When the sun goes down at 5:30.. I'm like "ehhhhh, time to sit on the couch." I'm ready for the days when we still have daylight at 7:30!! Bring it on. I just found one more reason to look forward to March 11th this year. Not only will it be my 6th year anniversary with my love, soul mate, best friend,... but it will also mean an extra hour of that sweet, sunny, sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment